Friday, October 29, 2010

The Memoirs Of Lovelorn




You came into my life
And changed me inside out
The statement if love that you then devised
I couldn’t change even if I would shout.

Your love captivated me with intensity
And gave my heart a greater density
Even though the moments that we
Spent together
Just couldn’t last forever

The hole that you cuffed inside
Doesn’t seem to ever subside
Its been years since you left
But I still feel the bareness of your theft.

God is the witness of how beautiful
Were those spent moments
Which don’t seem to drift
No matter how hard I experiment.

Even though you hold
A sacred place in my heart
I have taken a vow to
Make a brand new start.
Yes I will fall in love again.
Even though there
Is not much
Gain without any pain

But giving up hope is not
Anymore my thing
However life is short
I must not ignore what it brings

So here  I stand  , sans you
I’m a man of substance
I don’t need anymore
Your fake assurance.

-          Ipshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment