Saturday, October 23, 2010

YOU are the Key for YOUR Happiness

Me and My Best Friend have always had great expectations from life. We knew it very well that one day we will grow out to be highly ambitious women who would be torn apart by life just because We Expected a LOT from life. Our needs never ended. Not only materialistic needs. The need of Excessive love , Immeasurable pleasure ,  the complexity luxury , Satisfying Sex life and yes ofcourse the Immature splurging of Paper resoures on materials like Dresses and Shoes !  We thought life was easy . Parents are rich. They give you money . And Money Buys everything. For this instance , We even thought love.


I somehow managed to make my self understand the adverse effect of such behaviour as I grew up . But my Best Friend , did not , could not. It was the end of summer 2009. I went for a day spend with my best friend at her place.  It was me and our other classmates who assimilated together that day to finish our English Holiday Homework at her place.  I saw something very bizarre about her that day . She didn’t speak much , she didn’t  eat any of those KFC  chicken which used to be her Favourite !  She was there the whole day like a dummy. There were many times that I tried confronting her , however due to people around she could not confide in me  .  


The day passed and when everybody left , I made a point to go to her and talk to her.  She waved the last person out of her house and I then walked upto her and I asked her if she wanted to grab some Hot chocolate and Oreo milkshake ? She said yes.


It was when we were sipping our Oreo Milkshakes and Gobbling over Hot chocolate pastries in Lavazza , that she finally spoke . She told me “ Ipshita , You know what ? There is something really missing in my life , and I don’t know what is that ! But the "absence of that thing" is making me really upset “  I looked at her in a very  perplexed way. She Continued “  I don’t know , But I really think there something really missing in my life. I have so much money yet I m not happy . My parents love me yet  , I don’t know why I m searching for a different kind of love . Ipshita , I never told you I was always attracted to a guy in our class , but he never seemed to borther about me if I only existed. I feel lost and meaningless about life. I don’t have a Perfect life. I m not happy ! Not like you are as always . “  When you read this , you must have been thinking , how fairytailsh are these girls.  I thought the same way at that time , But My friend need to get out of her Disney Perfect Bubble and see the real world. 


That was when I told her only one thing “ Life s not a bed of Roses , sometimes it lifts you to the ecstasy of heaven with its aroma and sometimes its thorns prick you to make you realize the hardships.  The faster you realize that Nobody’s life is perfect , and all you can do is enjoy every moment the way it comes , you’ ll see yourself happier.And never judge a book by its cover. I do have several bad times in life but  We can do nothing , every time we will try our life will never be perfect .  And the faster you realise that , the more happier you will be in life ahead. And remember , only you can make yourself happy . No material or person can . You are the reason for your happiness.“And after that day and that very milkshake and hot chocolate , She understood what I meant  and the next time we went to that cafe , we didn’t try our usuals milkshake and pastry , but we tried something new which gave us more happiness.





2 comments: